The Indian Championships of Cosplay (ICC) Qualifier – BENGALURU, is a celebration of all pop culture. It is a craftsmanship award show with a pre-judging session and a stage display. All entries must represent a character or element from the pop culture realm. Competitors will be evaluated on the below skill categories for the competition. 100% of the cosplay will be assessed regardless of which category competitors select in the application.
Cosplay constructed primarily through sewing, stitching, embroidery, etc.
Cosplay constructed primarily by molding and shaping its outer layers using acrylic, EVA foam, Worbla, Wonderflex, cardboard, etc.
Cosplay that primarily features animatronics, optical effects, mechanical effects, special effects makeup, prosthetics, etc.
Each entrant will submit an application to be reviewed by the CCI team – entrants may only enter one costume into the competition. If approved, accepted Contestants will be contacted by the CCI Team and will advance on to the competition stage of the Indian Championships of Cosplay Qualifier in their respective city. Contestants will be judged on the quality and craftsmanship of their costumes. 60% of the costume must be made by the wearer. In addition, costumes must be at least 50% complete by the time of application.
Selected Constestants will be pre-judged for craftsmanship off-stage and then compete on the Main Stage. There will be two rounds of honours. In the first, we will award the best cosplayers in each skill category, one winner for each category (i.e. Needlework, Armor and FX). And in the final round, the Indian Championship of Cosplay Semi-finalist for the Bengaluru qualifiers will be selected, from the 3 category winners.
Cosplay constructed primarily through sewing, stitching, embroidery etc.
A winner will be selected from each category based upon the judges’ score in that category.
- There will be no onsite registrations for ICC Qualifiers.
- Selected applicants will be informed on the day prior to the show.
- Deadline for the BCC Qualifier applications is November 13.
- Cosplayers who didn’t get selected or didn’t win any prize in the ICC Qualifiers can apply in the regular cosplay contest the next day. However, they cannot apply on the same day of their contest.
- All selected Qualifiers are responsible for all expenses related to competing in the Indian Championships of Cosplay Qualifiers including all lodging and travel to and from the event venue. All Qualifiers must have an entry pass for the day they choose to participate.
- Group costumes are not allowed.
- Entrants must provide a written description that the emcee will read during their appearance on stage. This may describe the details of the costume or provide a story about the character being portrayed. You may offer details about the construction process, materials, number of work hours, or anything that might impress the judges and Fans. This description is limited to 100 words. CCI reserves the right to edit introduction material for time and content.
- All accepted Qualifiers must check-in for craftsmanship judging on the Qualifier day. Failure to appear at check-in will result in disqualification. If accepted, CCI will notify you when and where the craftsmanship judging will take place. Information will be provided to you two days before the show, via email only. You must appear in costume at the time of your check-in.
- To be judged for accuracy as a visual reference, please bring a reference color photo of the character you are cosplaying when you arrive for onsite check-in. You may not be eligible for accuracy points if the judges are not familiar enough with your character.
- Electronic media (i.e. CDs) will not be accepted nor will bringing a laptop or video device (i.e. iPods) to pre-judging. No skits are allowed on stage or during judging.
- No profanity, political, or religious statements are allowed on stage including messages on signs or clothes. Anyone who violates this may be disqualified from the competition.
- Costumes cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing,) any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous or any particular political agenda or message.
- Costumes cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- Costume cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about CCI or its products, or other people, products or companies;
- Costume cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which CCI wishes to associate; and
- Costume cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
- Please refrain from wearing or using any substances that may potentially interfere with another participant’s costume. If you are wearing body paint or make-up, please make sure it will not come in contact with others. Do not bring anything on stage that could damage the other costumes. Do not leave anything on stage before or after the competition.
- No nudity. All costumes should provide enough coverage that’s appropriate for a family-friendly Show. Gore, graphic violence or other objectionable elements may be grounds for disqualification as determined by the judges or CCI Staff. CCI reserves the right to decide what is considered appropriate for the show’s audience.
- Qualifiers are responsible for their own belongings. We are unable to provide a secure area for personal items. We recommend bringing an assistant to help with belongings.
- Any participant may be disqualified from the Qualifier by CCI for failure to observe any of these rules. All decisions made by the judges are final.
- Pre-fabricated, store-bought costumes cannot compete in the Indian Championship of Cosplay Qualifier. All costumes must be made by the wearer. A portion of the costume (such as leotard, tights and shoes) may be from purchased, finished goods, but at least 60% of the costume should have been constructed by the creator of the costume. If you have made heavy alterations to a store-bought garment and wish to enter it into the construction part of the Qualifier, you must be able to explain how you have altered it and the processes that such an endeavor entailed. Unaltered, store-bought assemblies of clothing to represent a character or “costume” are NOT allowed.
- No electrical power connections will be provided. If your costume requires power it must be part of your costume design.
- Wings, large props or large costumes are just fine, but if your costume is over 8 feet tall, or 3 feet wide you may not fit through the doors. If possible, make wings and other parts that make your costume detachable. We have no limit on the size of costumes or props, but ask that you be safe and aware while on stage. You will be responsible for ALL damage to the stage, lighting, technical aspects or any convention property.
- HAVE FUN!
- All entrants must be 18 or older to compete.
- All participants who make it to prejudging will be required to sign a permission/release/waiver form to participate in the qualifier.
- Your costume must allow movement with limited assistance. Your costume must not impede your ability to get on and off stage. Furthermore, your costume cannot be built on stage.
- Release: By accepting a prize, each Winner agrees to release and hold harmless, CCI, Sponsors and its direct and indirect subsidiaries, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers (if any,) and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees, and agents; from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Qualifier or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- CCI reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Qualifier, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, or any other factor beyond CCI’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Qualifier, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. CCI reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Qualifier or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Qualifier may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, CCI reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. CCI’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: CCI is not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, typographical errors, printing errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Qualifier; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Qualifier; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Qualifier or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Qualifier or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Qualifier, if it is possible. If the Qualifier, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for the prize offered herein.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- All attendees entering the event will be reviewed for any props that resemble a weapon and this item will be tagged once deemed safe to the public. All other items deemed unsafe will be confiscated by Show Management.